WHAT AN EVENT!
Our Women’s Voice for Change 2018 was an incredibly powerful first event for us all at The Help Nepal Appeal. We are grateful for all who have been involved. Our 2018 event consisted of 6 inspirational Finalists, 2 remarkably powerful Storytellers, 4 thought-provoking Guest Speakers, and many more empowered individuals.
The topics confronted in our speech contest were not light at heart. Instead, the topics at our Women’s Voice for Change event are crucial in Nepali society to be spoken up about and brought into the forefront of society’s discussion. Our event allowed individuals to share (often for the first time) their powerful personal story of struggle and an ‘Idea for Change’. The winners were empowered to own their story and make sustainable change for others in their community and around Nepal.
Some of our speakers and topics included:
- Puja Yadav – Happiness Entangled in Life Complexities- Mental Health
- Annu Mahaseth – Love Marriage Discrimination
- Kusumsheela Bhatta – Online Blackmail- Cyber Safety
- Neha Gurung – Statelessness
- Rupa KC (Masterpiece) – Social Isolation- Youth Empowerment Workshops
- Susmita Sapkota – Women Entrepreneurial Promotional Unit (WEPU)
- Promisha Mishra – Menstrual Hygiene Centre – Women Discrimination
- Terisa Tamang – Mental Health for Cancer Patients
Furthermore, we are grateful for our NEW Promotional Partners, OMG Nepal!
[Photo Features: Bishwajeet Shrestha from OMG Nepal (left) and Founder Jody Dontje (right)]
OMG Nepal is a Nepal based internet media platform that produces stories about Nepal and Nepali lifestyle. Its primary objective is to promote overlooked and unseen faces of Nepal. It features inspiring stories of Nepalese along business, tech, fine arts and music.
Here is our FULL article from OMG Nepal (read to learn more about our powerful event!):
Get in touch with us to join NEXT YEAR’S EVENT (2019)! Connect with us at email@example.com